[vlc] Re: vlc in iPAQ over WLAN

Andrew leung khleung at engineer.com
Fri Mar 7 08:47:21 CET 2003

Dear Jean - Paul,

Actually  I am using wlan-ng drivers for my prism2 based Linksys ver3 card, may be I should stated clear that "p80211" and "prism2_cs" is the 2 modules automatically loaded when I ahve plugged in the card and boot up familar. and it should be a 11Mbs one.

its automatically load those modules after I have installed wlan-ng , but what is the difference between wvlan and wlan-ng, can I use wvlan?

anyway, it is a "wlan0" interface, I ahev assigned IP to them by ifconfig and  I can ping local wlan0, after I typed "route" there is the corressponding network for wlan0

i.e.

       iPAQ   <--------cannot ping----->       Linux box

Linksys card                                  Linksys card
wlan-ng drivers                            wlan-ng drivers
modules is prism2_cs and p80211       modules is prism2_cs and p80211

IP 10.0.0.2                                    IP 10.0.0.2
broadcast 10.0.0.255                            broadcast 10.0.0.255
netmask 255.255.255.0                          netmask 255.255.255.0

this is my situation, i can't ping the other wlan card
Thank you for your help, really thanks

Andrew