[vlc] Re: vlc x windows

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Fri Mar 7 20:19:10 CET 2003

On Friday 07 March 2003 17:28, francesco.caimi wrote:
> I can not install VLC 5.1 on my OS (windows 98 s.e.).
> I have to stay with vlc 4.6 wich works on Windows 98 s.e..
> Is that correct? Would you please give me any info on
> VLC based on the above?

I haven't been able to test recent versions of vlc on win9x/Me myself but it
has been reported to work by several users so I guess you should be able to
use it.

There's an auto-installable package of the lastest version here:
http://www.videolan.org/pub/testing/vlc-0.5.2-test3/win32/vlc-0.5.2-test3-win32.exe

Please can you report on any success or failure ?

Regards,

--
Gildas