[vlc] Re: Anamorphic material not displayed as anamorphic?

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Fri Mar 7 20:25:21 CET 2003

On Friday 07 March 2003 15:57, Erik de Pomian (EAB) wrote:
> Hi
> I just downloaded the VLC player. Works fine on a 4:3 screen.
>
> Is there a way to play anamorphic material in its intended aspect ratio
(i.e. actors being tall and thin). The anamorphic material is currently
displayed as letterbox (i.e. normal size of actors).

> The reason is that my CRT projector aspect ratio is set to only show
anamorphic material. It would be good to be able to "squeeze" the material
in any way I like.

There is an option to change the default aspect ratio of a movie:
--aspect-ratio <string>

"Accepted formats are x:y (4:3, 16:9, etc.) expressing the global image
aspect, or a float value (1.25, 1.3333, etc.) expressing pixel squareness."

Hope this helps,

--
Gildas