[vlc] macosx - audio problems

malwinka at macmail.com malwinka at macmail.com
Fri Mar 14 02:01:20 CET 2003

First I'd like to admit that audio quality in latest versions of vlc is much better than 0.4.x. But I can't understand why some macox users have no problem with sound, while for others - for example me - vlc 0.5.x doesn't work properly. I found here several messages about audio bug in macosx version, but no solution.

I'm experiencing two kinds of audio crashes.

First: sound suddenly disappears;
messages:
main debug: audio output is too slow (3796), trashing 11610us
main debug: audio output is too slow (3800), trashing 11610us and so on...

Second: after 10-20 minutes audio begins to stutter;
messages:
main warning: output date isn't PTS date, requesting resampling (23217)
main warning: output date isn't PTS date, requesting resampling (23219) and so on...

I'm running macosx 10.1.5 on PB G4 550 MHz, trying to play .avi's (they go well on ver. 0.4.6).

Could I do anything more than waiting for the next upgrade?

By the way - vlc is a great job, thank you!

malwinka

---

MacMail - the Webmail service especially for Mac users worldwide
http://www.macmail.com