[vlc] Re: macosx - audio problems

mhf at labyrinth.net.au mhf at labyrinth.net.au
Fri Mar 14 03:49:03 CET 2003

"malwinka at macmail.com" <malwinka at macmail.com> said:

> First I'd like to admit that audio quality in latest versions of vlc is
much better than 0.4.x. But I can't understand why some macox users have no
problem with sound, while for others - for example me - vlc 0.5.x doesn't
work properly. I found here several messages about audio bug in macosx
version, but no solution.

> I'm experiencing two kinds of audio crashes.
>
> First: sound suddenly disappears;
> messages:
> main debug: audio output is too slow (3796), trashing 11610us
> main debug: audio output is too slow (3800), trashing 11610us and so on...
>
> Second: after 10-20 minutes audio begins to stutter;
> messages:
> main warning: output date isn't PTS date, requesting resampling (23217)
> main warning: output date isn't PTS date, requesting resampling (23219) and
so on...

> I'm running macosx 10.1.5 on PB G4 550 MHz, trying to play .avi's (they go
well on ver. 0.4.6).

> Could I do anything more than waiting for the next upgrade?
>
> By the way - vlc is a great job, thank you!
>
> malwinka
>

> ---
>
> MacMail - the Webmail service especially for Mac users worldwide
> http://www.macmail.com

(Guessing) Maybe upgrade to OS 10.2.x? My iBook G3 700MHz doesn't have this
problem running VLC 0.5.2.

Martin Foot