[vlc] Re: VLC with a iMac 333 MHz

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Fri Mar 14 17:15:39 CET 2003

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003 Martin.Bergs at t-online.de wrote:

> Hi Derk-Jan,

> What are the minimum recommended system requirements for using VLC
> decoding DivX, VCD, SVCD or DVD on a Mac with OS X? Do you think a iMac
> G3 400 Mhz is enough for that?

part of the problem is the rageIIc videochipset doesn't have hardware
scaling in osX due to the apple driver... the imacs with the rage 128
should work signficantly better.

Joel Jaeggli	      Academic User Services   joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
--    PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E      --
  resort of the scoundrel.  With all due respect to an enlightened but