[vlc] Re: VLC 0.6.0-test1

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Fri May 23 19:08:11 CEST 2003

On Friday 23 May 2003 03:56, alex.liao (???) wrote:
> Thanks all,
> 	I have solved the problem !!
>
> 	And , another question about "playing Audio CD".
> 	I check the ChangeLog , VLC 0.6.0-test1 have been
> 	supported Audio CD playing feature.
> 	When I set the function within Misc. tab with CDDA
> 	and put Audio CD to play , but it doesn't work correctly.
> 	What's the something wrong or I should to set other
> 	function to enable those >?

You don't need to modify anything in the preferences panel.
Try running vlc like this: ./vlc cdda:/dev/cdrom

The wxWindows interface also allows you to select cd audio playing from the
"Open Disc" dialog.

And by the way, for those who don't know, VLC also allows you to stream a cd
audio (with on the fly mp3 transcoding) :))

--
Gildas