[vlc] Re: Question about packaging

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Sun Oct 12 21:53:20 CEST 2003

It's not adviced to use the Redhat packages on Suse. It might work, it
could also have serious conflicts with other installed software. We
would like to provide a Suse package, but unfortunatly, there is no one
willing to maintain these packages/no one who has a Suse installation.

DJ

On dinsdag, okt 7, 2003, at 23:24 Europe/Amsterdam, Joseph Smith
(JamUba) wrote:

> I noticed there was no specific package for SuSE Linux 8.x.  Will I be
> able to use the
> RedHat RPM or should I download and compile all the source?
---
Videolan - VLC media player
Derk-Jan Hartman (thedj at users.sourceforge.net)
Co-Developer of the MacOS X port of vlc