[vlc] Re: Prevent screensaver option while playing movie

Eric Eric at macunlimited.net
Thu Oct 16 19:53:00 CEST 2003

At 5:59 -0700 15/10/03, azam peasant wrote:
>Hi.
>
>Firstly, thank you for a great software. I use it on
>all my Windows, BeOS and on my iBook (MacOSX).
>
>It would really be a lot of help if you implement a
>screensaver block option, because it really bugs some
>of us (at least me) to move the mouse every 15 mins
>(that's the screensaver idle limit) while watching a
>movie.
>
>It might be a small thing (I bet you guys are great
>programmers), but it will really make vlc a more
>user-friendly software.
>
>Thank you again.
>
>Regards,
>Azamshul Azizy

In OSX, the same counts for Apple's DVD player and with any other player
as well.

A simple solution is to set the Screen Effects activation to "never"
(System Preferences>Screen Effects).

The same counts for the Energy Saver panel, switch off any energy saver
options.

Agreed, it's a roundabout solution but then CD authoring software nor any of
the sequencers for MIDI and audio have a screensaver block option, and those
are commercial.

Regards,

eric