[vlc] Re: Prevent screensaver option while playing movie

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Fri Oct 17 01:01:47 CEST 2003

On woensdag, okt 15, 2003, at 14:59 Europe/Amsterdam, azam peasant
wrote:
> Firstly, thank you for a great software. I use it on
> all my Windows, BeOS and on my iBook (MacOSX).

Thank you,

> It would really be a lot of help if you implement a
> screensaver block option, because it really bugs some
> of us (at least me) to move the mouse every 15 mins
> (that's the screensaver idle limit) while watching a
> movie.

MacOS X has such a blocking feature, as should Windows if i remember
correctly.
Linux has no 'general' way of doing this, but there is a screensaver
blocking interface that can do this for you.
You launch it next to your normal VLC interface by launching vlc as:
vlc --extraintf screensaver

> It might be a small thing (I bet you guys are great
> programmers), but it will really make vlc a more
> user-friendly software.

Actually many of us are users hacking away at VLC. It would help to
have some more programmers, documentation writers, translaters etc.
So if you care to help out, you are always welcome.

DJ

---
Videolan - VLC media player
Derk-Jan Hartman (thedj at users.sourceforge.net)