[vlc] Re: error message

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Fri Oct 17 01:04:25 CEST 2003

On woensdag, okt 15, 2003, at 15:46 Europe/Amsterdam, Russell & Jo
Smith wrote:
> Hi. I am trying to run a Region 1 disk in my DVD player, I am running
> Mac OSX, and I get the following error message:
>
> access_file: file /dev/rdisk1 is empty, aborting
> main: no suitable access module for `/://dvdplay:///dev/rdisk1'
>
> Can you help please? I am not technical and I find your help documents
> too hard to read.

Well, then you should read the README.MacOSX.rtf document again. It
clearly states:

3. How do I read a CD/(S)VCD/DVD ?
To view a (S)VCD, DVD or Audio CD, you will need to choose "Open Disc"
from the "File" menu. Choose your disk type and then choose the drive
in which you inserted the disk. VLC media player is currently unable to
read SVCD directly from the drive. Some SVCDs can be read if you tell
VLC they're VCDs, in the "Open Disc" dialog.

I would love to make this proces more userfriendly/transparent, but i
don't know how.

DJ

---
Videolan - VLC media player