[vlc] Real-time transcoding of streams

Jukka-Pekka Suominen IB jusuomin at abo.fi
Wed Sep 24 10:09:55 CEST 2003

Hi all!
First off, I'd like to thank the responsible people for a nice piece of
software!

Now the problem.. Is it possible (and how) to do a real-time transcoding
of a DVB stream? I would like to stream digital TV over a WLAN to an
iPAQ running familiar, but like stated in earlier posts here, the
datastream is too large for an 11Mb/s WLAN, and the screen of an iPAQ is
too small for raw DVB video.

So, can you do this with vlc/vls, or would I need to do the transcoding
with something else and then use vls/vlc to stream out that?

--
Jukka-Pekka Suominen
Åbo Akademi - MNF/IB