[vlc] Re: pvr250 streaming in windows

Gildas Bazin gbazin at altern.org
Mon Apr 19 08:59:32 CEST 2004

On Monday 19 April 2004 06:26, Paul Rae wrote:
> ok can someone help me with this as i cant see what im missing
>
> i have setup a pvr250 to stream and all that side of things is fine, the
only problem is that it only streams video, i do not get any audio from the
card heres the parmaters im using to stream:

> dshow:// :dshow-vdev="Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II
Capture" :dshow-adev="" :dshow-size=""

> what am i missing here? in the audio devices list it only lists my sound
card and default - no pvr device like in the video section

> can someone give me some pointers please

Well, apparently the default app shipped with the card would need to be run
first so that it setups some hardware registers properly (I say apparently
because I don't have a PVR to verify this).

You should also try one of the latest development builds because some
improvements have gone into it recently.
http://www.videolan.org/~videolan/build/

--
Gildas