[vlc] Synchronize Players

Philippe De Neve Philippe.deneve at intec.ugent.be
Thu Apr 22 11:52:20 CEST 2004

Hi guys,

I'm working on a project for synchronizing video sources. The intention is
to show 2 or more video sources each on a independent PC. On each pc a
player (favourably VLC:-) )is installed to playback the video. On each
player all frames have to be shown at exact the same time.
Does anybody have an idea how I can realize this? (Not by buying an
expensive videowall of course)
Can I adjust the source code of VLC so it sends  synchronization information
to the other players (which are also adpated to sync) so they can adjust the
time a frame is shown?

All tips and hints are welcome.
greetz, Philippe.

  ir. De Neve Philippe
  Ghent University
  Department of Information Technology (INTEC)
  Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 41
  B-9000 Gent (Belgium)
  tel. :       +32 9 264 99 57
  e-mail :  philippe.deneve at intec.UGent.be