[vlc] Bug report ?: failure to decode valid avc file

tcarlyle at lsi.usp.br tcarlyle at lsi.usp.br
Tue Aug 10 16:25:31 CEST 2004

I´m sending this message to report a vlc's bug (at least it seems to be a bug)
in opening some avc files. In the windows AVC version, I wasn´t able to open
neither the video file inside this zip file
ftp://ftp.imtc-files.org/jvt-experts/bitstream_exchange/sp2_bt_b.zip nor the
one inside
ftp://ftp.imtc-files.org/jvt-experts/bitstream_exchange/AUD_MW_E.zip , even
though both files seems to be avc valide files.

Acording to Måns Rullgård, the video inside the
ftp://ftp.imtc-files.org/jvt-experts/bitstream_exchange/AUD_MW_E.zip plays
perfectly using the latest libavcodec version on Linux, and the other one
(ftp://ftp.imtc-files.org/jvt-experts/bitstream_exchange/sp2_bt_b.zip) doesn´t
play.

As I´m not sure that if this is really a bug from VLC, I didn´t put that on
sourceforge.

Hope this information may help,

Thomas