[vlc] Does VLC support all IGMPv2/v3 messages in Linux?

Pranjal Dutta (prdutta) prdutta at cisco.com
Fri Aug 20 13:17:56 CEST 2004

Hi,
           I am using VLC as Client to receive a Multicast Stream across my
LAN and using Ethereal to observe the IGMPv2 messages. Now when I add
Multicast IP addresses one by one into playlist to VLC ( example 224.1.0.1
port 1234) and play one item ,it sends a IGMPv2 Membership report message,
but doesn't send the Join message for the selected Multicast group. On
selecting another Multicast group VLC is not sending IGMPv2 leave message
for the previous stream. This is happening with VLC installed in
Windows2000 Server. Does that mean the VLC doesn't support all the IGMPv2
messages, only Membership report is supported. I know that IGMPv3 is not
supported in Windows2000, but does VLC also show the same behavior in other
machines that supports IGMPv3(Means doesn''t send join/leave). Could
anybody help me out?

Thanks,
Pranjal