[vlc] Re: [vlc]-Subtitles

Sigmund Augdal sigmunau at stud.ntnu.no
Tue Aug 17 10:01:20 CEST 2004

It is your graphics memory that is too slow. This is, reading back to main
memory from the graphics memory is slow. This is a very unusual operation
and few cards seem to prioritize it. Next version of vlc will do all the
subtitle rendering before the video is sent to the graphics card, thus much
improving the speed.

And currently it isn't possible to place the subtitles in the black area
under the movie. No plans for this in the next version either.

Sigmund