[vlc] VLC for Pocket PC

tre31 at etu.enseeiht.fr tre31 at etu.enseeiht.fr
Tue Jul 6 15:26:24 CEST 2004

I've just released for my first version of VLC for Pocket PC 2002 and/or
2003.
You can download it at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/vlcpocketpc

The release VLC-0.7.1 (from 30/04/2004 cvs) have features such as :
an input access of local files, HTTP streaming, UDM unicast/multicast
streaming.
an audio playing of PCM, LPCM, ADPCM (WAV), MP3, OGG Vorbis.
a video playing of MPEG-1/2/4 (MPG, AVI, OGM), DivX, XviD, Cinepak.
some GUI features (playlist, audio/video/networks preferences
, etc).

The main goal of my project to port VLC was to multicast DivX over Wifi to
PDA. And it works !

Nevertheless this release suffers from some memory leaks (audio output
waveout, big DivX files, etc); it is not full-optimized for Pocket PC
(FFMPEG have to be optimized for it); and (finally) the GUI is still under
construction (pref menu, streamout, etc). This will be done for the future
releases.

But for the moment please enjoy a new software for playing MPEG-1/2/4 on
your Pocket PC and with streaming features !

Cedric Marodon
third year student of ENSEEIHT French Enginering School
e-mail: cedric_marodon at yahoo.fr