[vlc] Re: indeo compressor

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Sun Jun 6 11:59:46 CEST 2004

Indeo is a proprietary codec, with no Free and Open Source variant
available atm, therefore VLC cannot support it at the moment.

Actually, you cannot view Indeo Video on anything else but windows, so
you will need to go back to a windows machine and encode the video into
something a little more usable and interchangeable then Indeo.

DJ

On 05 jun 2004, at 14:53, Karen karen wrote:
> hi! I've just purchased an iBook and am stepping over from Windows xp.
> indeed, learning phase....
>
> on Windows, ive made a movie in Premiere and compressed it with Indeo,
> 12,5 frames p/s. as an .avi.
>
> now i wanna view it in VLC and no not possible...
>
> what to do????

----
Universiteit Twente
Derk-Jan Hartman (d.hartman at student.utwente dot nl)