[vlc] can't start in SuSE9.0

Matthias Niess daxel3 at gmx.net
Wed Jun 23 01:12:42 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm using SuSE 9.0. I downloaded vlc and all dependencies from
packman.links2linux.org.
Unfortunately it vlc doesn't start. Running it from command line with
--verbose gives me the following error:

-- snip --
VLC media player 0.7.2 Bond
[00000001] main vlc warning: cannot load module
`/usr/lib/vlc/gui/libskins2_plugin.so'
(/usr/lib/vlc/gui/libskins2_plugin.so: undefined symbol:
xmlTextReaderConstName)
Speicherzugriffsfehler
-- snip --

The last word "Speicherzugriffsfehler" is german and translates to "Memory
Access Violation".. unfortunately I only have a german linux box so I
wouldn't know what exactly the error would be in English.. maybe segfault..

Has anyone experienced this and know a solution to it? The
'libskins2_plugin.so' is exactly where it's supposed to be, btw.

cheers
M.Niess

--
PGP-encrypted mail preferred. Find my key on any public keyserver
RSA 2048 Key Id: 0xD5B8D81F