[vlc] Re: Vlc and UDP

Cavalera Claudio Claudio.Cavalera at icn.siemens.it
Fri Mar 26 15:25:58 CET 2004

Should this work just from VLC to VLC or any streamer capable to send a RTP/UDP could be used as a stream source?

>You'll need a SDP packet. You can open it as a file, http, or rtsp

Is there any special trick I need to know when I modify my .sdp files for VLC?
Or does VLC follows strictly RFC 2327 (SDP)?
My SDPs are copied and pasted from an RTSP session, then modifed and opened with VLC.
I'm asking this because in my experience sometimes this works and sometimes works not and I'm trying to isolate the problem.
Thanks,
Claudio