[vlc] flickering DivX5/XviD video when streaming

Avgoustinos Filippoupolitis augifili at yahoo.gr
Thu May 13 16:05:30 CEST 2004

I have vlc 0.7.1 in windows XP pro
I have a home network with another 2 pcs
I encoded a DivX (5.1.1) video, 2-pass mode, no audio
muxing.
Streamed the .avi file with vlc to one client(PC) of
the network. I used UDP streaming.
Problem->The video on the client was flickering. It
was going back and forh like I instantly pressed
rewind and then plyback again.
If I used 1-pass mode during encoding, the video plays
OK.
The problem occurs only in streaming mode. If I open
the video directly with vlc, it plays ok. If I open it
frome the client but without streaming (just going to
My network places and browse the disk of the PC who
has the video), it also plays OK.
So, what's the problem? It happens with XviD too
(2-pass mode).