[vlc] How to do a GOOD live stream with minimum bandwidth?

Dedi Eko dedieko at telkom.net
Sat May 15 14:08:37 CEST 2004

Dear all,

I'm in a project of designing Video Conference over Internet. This
system is going to be use as a distant teaching method. Regarding
video latency / delay, is there anyway to achieve the optimum result
for those purposes, if THE PRESENT CONDITION:

1. Our Friend only have 256kBps total bandwidth,
asynchronous ,64 Kbps for UPSTREAM, 192 for DOWNSTREAM with a medium
reliability for internet connection (sometimes we get RTO), Currently
our bandwidth is 2Mbps synchronous
2. Sometimes we were having difficulties connecting to their VLC server, since
their small upload stream
3. They had no problem connecting to my VLC server, it's quite rare they got buffer
run out
4. Currenty we both using MMS protocol, we use windows media player to
view the video, with WMV 64Kbps video and MP3 16kbps 1 channel, video
is blur if full screen, audio sometimes disappear

Is there any chance we could somehow overcome the problem, different
protocol, network optimization, transcoding tweaking, or connection
alternative replacing my friend's current connection (using local
ISP)?

Thanks a lot for any reply for my question
--
Best regards,
 Dedi                            mailto:dedieko at telkom.net