[vlc] Re: VLC V0.7.2 for OSX

Benjamin PRACHT bigben+spam at videolan.org
Sat Oct 9 10:50:47 CEST 2004

On Fri, Oct 08, 2004, Lisa Keddie wrote :
> Dear Sir/ Madam,
>
> We are keen to put VLC V0.7.2 multimedia player for OSX on our next cover
> DVD (January 2005) after reading about it on www.pure-mac.com.
>
> We are always trying to find new and interesting programs and utilities for
> our Mac users who range from beginners to broadcasters - indeed, I was
> introduced to the magazine whilst working for Reuters TV.
>
> The DVD allows us to showcase software programs, and gives you free
> advertising. We also accompany the program on-disc with a 'Read more' file
> that has more details. The program will also be mentioned in the DVD content
> pages in the magazine.
>
> If you agree, do you also have a good quality screengrab?
>
> Our deadline is this Tuesday 12th.

First of all, thanks for your interest in VLC.

As stated in our FAQ
(http://www.videolan.org/doc/faq/en/index.html#id2785052), VLC is GPL
software. That mean that it can be redistributed freely under some
conditions. The easiest way to comply with the GPL license is to have
all the sources of the program and of its contribs on the same media
than program itself (to make it short, all the packages on this page :
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-sources.html.

About screenshots, you can have a look here:
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/screenshots.html

--
BigBen