[vlc] VLC Error

Chris Garner chris.garner at teleste.com
Tue Oct 19 20:23:16 CEST 2004

Dear Sir or Madam,

I have recently installed the VLC media player on to two of my PCs.  I
am having an issue with on of the PCs playing the network stream.  Once
I encountered this issue I installed it on the second PC to ensure the
downloads was intact.  On the second PC I was able to enter the
multicast address and port number and receive the network stream.  On
the original PC I went back and ensure I entered the stream information
correctly.  I did and still not video stream.  The PC unable to receive
the stream is an IBM laptop T-41.  It has an internal 10/100 NIC as well
as a wireless interface. I am using the internal interface to connect to
the network.  I thought the wireless interface might be causing
confusion so I disabled it.  Still I was unable to receive the video.  I
looked through the different parameters to see if I could select a
specific interface, but I did not see any such selection.

We have run across similar issues in the past where a VPN software
caused an issue when running the VLC software.  To resolve the issue we
disabled the VPN software and we were able to get the stream on the VLC.
IN this case we disabled the VPN software as well.  The only other thing
I can think of is on user had a previous version of VLC installed, I
believe 0.6.4.  He had been able to get it to work and then installed
IBM Access Connection.  After that was installed the VLC version that
had worked no longer works.

Have these issues been encountered.  Is there any way I can further
troubleshoot this in order to find out what is causing the issue?

Thanks in advance for your time and assistance.

Best Regards,

Chris Garner
Application Engineer
Teleste Video Networks
Park Avenue Center
1911 North Austin Ave., Ste. 404
Georgetown, TX 78626
512-868-2009 Phone
512-868-8112 Fax
512-577-6893 Cell
www.teleste.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail communication is intended only for
the addressee. It may contain confidential and legally privileged
information. Access to this e-mail by anyone else but the intended
addressee is unauthorized. If you are not the intended addressee, you
are not allowed to read, copy, forward disseminate or use this
communication in any manner. In any occasion, you are required to
maintain confidentiality. If you have received this communication in
error, please advice us immediately, destroy the copies of this e-mail
and delete it from your computer system. Thank you for your cooperation.