[vlc] Re: Videolan - use in a feature film

Rémi Denis-Courmont Remi.Denis-Courmont at via.ecp.fr
Thu Oct 21 22:09:47 CEST 2004

 Hello,

Le Mercredi 20 Octobre 2004 19:43, Kerstin Biermann a écrit :
> We are producing a feature film by the renowned German director Doris
> Doerrie and have one specific scene where we show a live video stream
> from a Japanes Koi (fish) fair. (...) Therefore we would
> need the permission to show the VideoLAN screen / window in our film.
> Our editor would assemble our film sequence and the VideoLAN screen
> to what is considered to be the "on-the big screen-version" of the
> video stream. Of course we will provide you with any information you
> need about our project, our company and the conditions of a possible
> cooperation, so please do not hesitate to contact us (by the way:
> time is running a little bit short for us...).

So long has the authorship/intellectual property of the software is not
misrepresented, it should be no problem.

If I understand correctly, you're willing to use the VLC media player's
window layout and sort of paste another video inside it at the time the
movie is assembled. That is perfectly OK.

If you have are more specific requirements, then please tell us. If in
doubt, you may consider adding a short legal note at the end, such as
"VLC media player reproduced/modified with permission from the VideoLAN
project/VIA Centrale Reseaux."

Sincerely,

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
Student-engineer at the Ecole Centrale Paris