[vlc] Re: Error compiling vlc on redhat

Benjamin PRACHT bigben+spam at videolan.org
Wed Sep 8 17:14:28 CEST 2004

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004, Yong Chu Eu (Ñî×ÓÓÓ) wrote :
> i try to compile all lib & pluggin and vlc for many days but still not get
> all done,hope someone can guide me
>
> 1) i compile & install wxX11-2.4.1 with x11 support as GUI,but When i
> compile my vlc with ./configure --disable-ffmpeg,its come out with this
> error message. If i disable ffmpeg,can i recv any multicast(VCD or DVD)
> stream from vls?

You'd better use the version of wxwindows we have put in our contribs :

http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/0.7.2/contrib/wxWindows-20031222.tar.gz

Moreover, I don't you haven't already done it, you should compile
wxwindows with the --with-gtk option

You don't need ffmpeg to receive MPEG2/ts streams (which you are likely
doing if you are using vls). You however need libmpeg2 (mpeg2dec) and
libdvbpsi

> 3) Even i did install ffmpeg,but when i compile vlc, it come out with this
> error:
>
> checking ffmpeg/avcodec.h usability... no
> checking ffmpeg/avcodec.h presence... no
> checking for ffmpeg/avcodec.h... no
> configure: error: Missing header file
> ffmpeg/avcodec.h.

ffmpeg should be compiled statically, with the
--with-ffmpeg-tree=/path/to/ffmpeg/sources option

--
BigBen