[vlc] Re: Error compiling vlc on redhat

Yong Chu Eu (Ñî×ÓÓÓ) ceyong at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 9 03:09:40 CEST 2004

Thanks for giving such a big guide,really appreciate it.

but i did install gtk+-1.2.7 or gtk+-1.2.8 or gtk+-1.2.9(from source code
or from rpm form), but when i compile & install wxwindow(the one i
download from videolan or even wxX11-12.4.1),it always stated cannot find
gtk_config (the library was install into /usr/local/lib) file,i really
frustrate with it

http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/0.7.2/contrib/wxWindows-20031222.tar.gz

> Moreover, I don't you haven't already done it, you should compile
> wxwindows with the --with-gtk option
>
> You don't need ffmpeg to receive MPEG2/ts streams (which you are likely
> doing if you are using vls). You however need libmpeg2 (mpeg2dec) and
> libdvbpsi
>
> > 3) Even i did install ffmpeg,but when i compile vlc, it come out with
> this
> > error:
> >
> > checking ffmpeg/avcodec.h usability... no
> > checking ffmpeg/avcodec.h presence... no
> > checking for ffmpeg/avcodec.h... no
> > configure: error: Missing header file
> > ffmpeg/avcodec.h.
> >

> ffmpeg should be compiled statically, with the
> --with-ffmpeg-tree=/path/to/ffmpeg/sources option
>
> --
> BigBen

=====
Ô¸ÄúÓÀÔ¶ÐÒ¸££¬¿ìÀֺͰ²Ïê Happy & Healthy Always ! ^_^ !
¸öÈËÍøÒ³ Homepage:http://planet.time.net.my/sunwaycity/ceyong
¸öÈË·ðѧÍøÒ³ Buddhist Page: http://planet.time.net.my/SunwayCity/ceyong/artikel.htm
My Blog: http://ceyong.blogspot.com/