[vlc] smooth transition

GALAD77 GALAD77 at terra.es
Tue Apr 12 22:19:38 CEST 2005

Hello,

I'm trying to make a smooth transition between two video flows on the
same instance of vlc. I have tried with the -rc interface, sending the
new stream identification (for example a new multicast udp address), but
there is no smooth transition at all.
With previous version (0.7.x) the vlc player got green for a while after
filling the buffers and playing it.
With the new version (0.8.1 and development), the video remains still
for about a second before playing the new stream.
Is it possible to indicate vlc to continue playing the current stream
until the buffers for the new stream are filled and can be played nicely?
I have tried with two instances of vlc, but I would want to try it with
only one instance. The number of instances is important as the number of
Xvideo outputs (normally one except nvidia cards) in Linux is reduced.

Thanx,
G.