[vlc] Re: multicast over wifi

Vincent Derrien vincent.listes at ahoup.net
Thu Apr 28 14:00:10 CEST 2005

faizal jeswent wrote:

>> Hi Harshal,
>> I've obtained a new Orinoco AP where the multicast rates cane be set
>> as 1,2,5.5, 11. I have tried with 2 and 5.5 , but the video reception
>> is choppy and the messages window says TS discontinuity. Any idea on
>> how to proceed?

Hi Faizal,
I saw you're an Orinoco AP which allow to modify the multicast rates and
that interested me because I try to send multicast live TV on wifi with
vlc.
I would know if you're AP change multicast in broadcast because in all
my tests my AP do that. All my users receive data but only one have sent
a igmp request to receive the multicast flow. For resolve this problem I
think create VLAN but if you know an AP which doesn't change multicast
in broadcast that interested me. I call HP, Poxim and Nortel but they
didn't have an AP like this.
I have another question : today I send one channel with one multicast
address and I want to sent many channels with one multicast address
(changing the port), is it possible and how ?
For your problem of "TS Discontinuity" maybe it's because many packets
were lost or maybe packets didn't arrive in the same order that they
were started on the server
Regards