[vlc] MPEG2 file incorrect time

Luke hintingMPEG4 at o2.pl
Wed Feb 2 11:42:21 CET 2005

Hi,

I am transcoding files into MPEG2-PS format. For that I am using
mencoder (which in fact uses ffmpeg). I choose the codec to be
mpeg2video. The resulting file appears to be an MPEG2 file, I can
stream it and play it. There is however one thing which is not
correct: the length reported by the movie players. E.g. a 1min file is
recognized as a 6secods movie. This results in a fact that when I
transcode such file into wmv (using Windows Media Encoder) the
resulting file consists only of last 6 seconds of the movie. How can I
fix the problem. I am transcoding on Linux (and this is necessary)
Should I use another program. Maybe someone can provide me with a
command line that generates the file I need.

Thank you in advance,
Luke