[vlc] Screensaver

Timo Kola timo.kola at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 00:02:36 CET 2005

Hi! I love the VLC player and use it for all my movies. It works
perfectly except for one thing. Whenever it changes files it restarts
the timer for the screensaver. This is rather annoying since I love
watching the simpsons before I fall asleep. I usually set two episodes
to play, set the screensaver for 40 minutes, and drift asleep sometime
during those two episodes. Now, when VLC gets to the end of the
filelist it stops, closes fullscreen and restarts my timer for the
screensaver meaning that my screen is on for an additional 40 minutes.

Is there some way you can make VLC not reset the timer for the
screensaver whenever it changes files or gets to the end of its
playlist?

Sincerely,
Timo, Sweden.