[vlc] Vod implementation and billing information

Stefanos Vizikidis svizikidis at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 17:40:04 CET 2005

Hi,

I am trying to create a video on demand  solution using vlc for the
streaming part of it.

My problem is that i am trying to send with the stream some kind of
billing information for the "customers". I would like to do that with
a transformation of the mpeg stream in order to only be viewable from
the users that have the correct decoder that i will offer them.

Is my solution correct for that kind of problem or should I think of
something else like sending some keys etc.

I am waiting for your answers.

Stefanos Vizikidis
University of Pireaus