[vlc] Re: DIVx better than 3?

Ricardo Kleemann ricardo at americasnet.com
Thu Jan 6 19:50:55 CET 2005

Thanks.

But as for purposes of viewing video encoded with codecs supported by WMP,
which is the best one that VLC provides? I tried, for example, encoding with
mp4v and h264 but WMP doesn't support that.

IOW if the requirement is to encode for viewing with WMP, what's the best
codec (with highest compression) I should use?

Ricardo