[vlc] Sound distortion

KSwn8 at aol.com KSwn8 at aol.com
Thu Jun 2 04:06:47 CEST 2005

I have recently downloaded the VLC player specifically to watch certain AVI
files that dont seem to be recognized by windows media player.   On the VLC
plyer the video shows but the sound is really distorted, it sounds like the
volume is all the way up, which it is'nt, and I have also went into the windows
volume controls and adjusted them, same thing.  I can watch the video and listen
to it, but the listening experience is lost with the distortion.  I was
wondering if you had any solutions.  Please help!
I heard about the VLC player from a friend who doesnt have this problem, so
it is likely sonething local on my pc.