[vlc] sound

Keus krico1 at shaw.ca
Fri Jun 3 20:26:38 CEST 2005

First off, I have to say that VLC is the best media player by far.
Today however, the sound quality deteriorated heavily to the point where any media is barely audible. It sounds like a lot of static distortion. I have tested my other media players and they all work fine. It started suddenly when I tried to play a .bin file. Picture quality is still perfect and it loads and shuts off normally too. I even tried uninstalling and re-installing the newer version. Still the same problem.
Can you help?
Thanks