[vlc] Re: mozilla plugin configuration file.

Benjamin Pracht bigben+spam at videolan.org
Sat May 21 16:03:56 CEST 2005

On Thu, May 19, 2005, sducas at netcourrier.com wrote :
> Hi !
>
> My name is Stephane, I live in Paris.
>
> I would like to know how to configure vlc mozilla plugin to set the video output module to x11.
>
> I have a big color issue with default output module and with x11 evrythink works well with the wxvlc but I can't put it with plugin mozilla.
>
> I tried a vout="x11" html property without success.
>
> Please help me, I'm currently designing a kiosk system based on mozilla vlc and others I'll keep up updated.
>
> congratulations for videolan, it's really a great project!!!

Well, I'm afraid there is no other solution than recompiling the mozilla
plugin after changing

#   define VOUT_PLUGINS "xvideo,x11,dummy"

into

#   define VOUT_PLUGINS "x11xvideo,,dummy"

In mozilla/vlcshell.cpp

An alternative much durtier version is to take an hexadecimal
editor, edit the libvlcplugin.so file, look for the occurence of
"xvideo,x11,dummy" in the binary, and remplace it by "x11,xvideo,dummy"

--
BigBen