[vlc] Re: mozilla plugin configuration file.

Dermot McGahon dermot at dspsrv.com
Sat May 21 17:58:12 CEST 2005

On Sat, 21 May 2005 15:03:56 +0100, Benjamin Pracht
<bigben+spam at videolan.org> wrote:

> Well, I'm afraid there is no other solution than recompiling the mozilla
> plugin after changing
>
> #   define VOUT_PLUGINS "xvideo,x11,dummy"

What is the technical issue stopping the mozilla plugin from reading the
vlcrc
file and from being able to set and get configuration variables either from
plugin code or from javascript?

I have been unable to get loop working and have resorted to using a spawned
vlc. It works, but seems to defeat the purpose of having a plugin.

I've also seen a problem where the plugin consumes 100% of a 1GHz
processor.
Playing the same stream with normal vlc only consumes 50%. It's difficult
debug the plugin.

I'm willing to do some work to improve the situation but will need help.

Dermot.