[vlc]

Eisberg, Reinhard reinhard.eisberg at desy.de
Fri May 27 13:49:49 CEST 2005

Hello,

I am just testing the VLC 8.2 beta release with ist new activex plugin
for MS IE.

This works fine so far.
For compatibility reasons I also need to support netscape like browsers
like Mozilla and firefox.

I want to create a URL which contains a textbox, where the user may
supply a multicast streaming address like udp:@224.xxx.xxx.xxx:1234

Using MS IE this works great using the following code which I have
adopted from your sample:

<BODY>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JScript">
<!--
function go(targetURL)
{
            var options = new Array(":input-repeat");
            document.vlc.addTarget(targetURL, options, 4+8, -666);
};
//-->
</SCRIPT>
<TABLE class=table3>
<TR><TD>
MRL:
<INPUT size="80" name="targetTextField"
value="udp:@224.xxx.xxx.xxx:1234">
<INPUT type=submit value="Go" onClick="go(targetTextField.value);">
</TD></TR>
<TR><TD>
<OBJECT classid="clsid:E23FE9C6-778E-49D4-B537-38FCDE4887D8"
        width="400" height="300" id="vlc" events="True">
<param name="Src" value="" />
<param name="ShowDisplay" value="True" />
<param name="Loop" value="False" />
<param name="AutoPlay" value="False" />
</OBJECT>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JScript">
<!--
function vlc::play()
{
            alert("VLC is Playing");
};
function vlc::pause()
{
            alert("VLC has Paused");
};
function vlc::stop()
{
            alert("VLC has Stopped");
};
//-->
</SCRIPT>
</TD></TR>
<TR><TD>
<INPUT type=button value="Play" onClick='document.vlc.play();'>
<INPUT type=button value="Stop" onClick='document.vlc.stop();'>
<INPUT type=button value="Fullscreen"
onClick='document.vlc.fullscreen();'>
</TD></TR>
</TABLE>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Now I would also like to switch through different streams with
NETSCAPE-like browsers and the Mozilla plugin

I have tried a lot, but I am still confused about how to supply a
variable "target" value for the <embed-tag using javascript.
Is it possible at all ? - can it be done through the
set/get_int_variable function ? and is there any documentation for this
?

Do you have a similar code example for the Mozilla plugin  ?

Thanks in advance and best regards

Reinhard Eisberg