[vlc] DVB streaming using VLC - Lower Bitrate

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Fri Oct 7 07:42:34 CEST 2005

Hi,

	Currently, I have a DVB card used to receive satellite broadcast. I'm
thinking of using VLC to re-broadcast it to say home/multiple homes in a
Condo area etc. RIght now, it works but each stream will take up a lot
of bandwidth.

I'm wondering if there is a way (i'm sure there are) to reduce the
stream bitrate on-the-fly much like how we can use transcode to reduce
the bitrate for doing unicast broadcast.

Can anyone shed some light?

--
Ow Mun Heng
98% Microsoft(tm) Free!!