[vlc] msvc compile fixes

Brian Robb vascy at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 2 23:41:12 CEST 2005

I've managed to get vlc to compile in msvc v6.

Here are the changes I had to make:

libvlc:
In control.h you have:

mediacontrol_Position*
mediacontrol_get_media_position( mediacontrol_Instance *self,
                                 mediacontrol_PositionOrigin an_origin,
                                 mediacontrol_PositionKey a_key,
                                 mediacontrol_Exception *exception )

And in control.c you have:

mediacontrol_Position*
mediacontrol_get_media_position( mediacontrol_Instance *self,
                                 const mediacontrol_PositionOrigin
an_origin,
                                 const mediacontrol_PositionKey a_key,
                                 mediacontrol_Exception *exception )

I had to add the missing const declarations into control.h

libvlc:
vlc/control.h and control/util.c files have "long long" declarations in
them...

Solution: Check for #ifdef CC_HAS_LONG_LONG and make a LONG_LONG type...

e.g.

#ifdef CC_HAS_LONG_LONG
#define LONG_LONG long long
#else
#define LONG_LONG __int64
#endif

(I had to make other changes aswell, but I'm not as sure of those changes so
I'll leave them out.)