[vlc] Re: mozilla plugin

Marcelo Manzato manzato81 at yahoo.com.br
Mon Sep 5 17:02:29 CEST 2005

Hi Keir, thanks again for your help. I can tell you
that I cannot play the video even if it is stored
locally in the same computer the vlc plugin is
running.
I've changed the html like this:

<h1> My Sites Heading</h1>
<h2> VLC Mozilla video streaming </h2>
<embed type="application/x-vlc-plugin" name="video1"
autoplay="no" loop="yes" width="320" height="240"
target="file:///dados/testes/embed/sample_300kbit.mp4"/>
onclick='document.video1.play()'>Play video1</a>
onclick='document.video1.pause()'>Pause
video1</a>
onclick='document.video1.stop()'>Stop video1</a>
onclick='document.video1.fullscreen()'>Fullscreen</a>

I'm using vlc 0.8.2 under Fedora Core 3. I've
installed the plugin in the same manner (created a
link to the plugin lib) to both browsers: mozilla
1.7.10-1.3.1 and firefox 0.10.1-1.0PR1.20. I can
access the video directly by the vlc application, but
using the black box I still get the black box.

I have also tried with different video files, without
any success....

--- Keir Vaughan-Taylor <keirvt at optusnet.com.au>