[vlc] VLC and Freevo

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Sun Sep 18 03:21:50 CEST 2005

Does anyone here uses freevo as a front-end set-top box? (or mythtv for
that matter)

Has anyone been successful in getting those front-end boxes to actually
play rtsp streams?

It would be really cool if this can be done. For the time being,
mplayer, though it's said that it does/will support rtsp (live.com), but
for some reason, my version of mplayer 1.0_pre7-r1 (gentoo) will play it
for only the 1st 5-10secs and then starts jerking. (I presume the
initial smoothness is due to it playing from cache.)

I'm gonna try upgrading my live.com code (I'm on 2005.01.29) to
2005.08.26 in gentoo portage.

In the meantime, anyone here has anything to share?? Good news
hopefully.

--
Ow Mun Heng
98% Microsoft(tm) Free!!