[vlc] Re: VLC and Accessibility for Blind Users.

Jim Noseworthy jim.noseworthy at rogers.com
Wed Sep 21 19:23:48 CEST 2005

Hi:

Thanks for your response.  I am not sure just what speex is.

generally speaking, keyboard input presents no problems for the average
Blind computer user.

Probably about 99% of Blind computer users use the Windows operating system.

Most Blind computer users use a screen reading Speech program such as JAWS
(Job Access With Speech) to actually read the screen.

The problem of accessibility could be thought about as a two pronged
problem:

1.  Being able to access all features of a program using the keyboard
without a monitor or mouse.

2.  Having the proper information spoken when cursoring or tabbing through
the various menus.

Thanks much for listening.