[vlc] DVB + subtitle separation

Mikko Rauhala mjrauhal at cs.helsinki.fi
Sun Sep 25 23:07:39 CEST 2005

Hi

I have a bit of a problem with a DVB recording that I have in a file:
The file contains the whole mux for multiple channels. VLC does, to its
credit, find the program I'm interested in in the file, and can display
it properly with DVB subtitles and all. Now, I've tried separating the
channel with ts_filter (produced output that vlc cannot read) and
mpgdemux (found all the other channels but the one I wanted...). I was
wondering since VLC can read the stuff in properly and seems to have
stream saving functions, can I get it to save a file with only the
desired data?

Also, this may (possibly) go a bit beyond VLC, but suggestions on
converting the DVB subtitles into DVD format for burning would be
appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Mikko Rauhala   - mjr at iki.fi     - <URL:http://www.iki.fi/mjr/>