[vlc] Is VLC Java embeddable ?

rexian maillist at roomity.com
Tue Sep 27 19:53:55 CEST 2005

Hello,

This is probably a question for the developers, but please feel free to answer if you have an idea about it.

We are currently building a web application based on Java in which we would like to embed a native player to display streaming video.

For Linux we found that VLC client does all that we need, mainly playing of streaming windows media video 1/2 format.

Does anybody know if VLC can be embedded in a Java GUI ? I understand some of the native GUI based applications that are statically linked to an executable are not embeddable in Java (don't completely understand it though).

Any help / idea / suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Rex

roomity.com is broadband internet. ~~1127843635754~~