[vlc] supported low-profile tv-card for windows?

pille pille at happycowboys.de
Wed Jan 11 21:39:23 CET 2006

hello everybody,

does anyone know a low-profile tv-card, that ist working under windows
with vlc, with sound and video and transcoding of mpg4?

we tried several tv-cards now, and i have got the strange feeling, that
only the hauppauge wintv pvr cards are supported. but unfortunatly
except the pvr mce 150 low-profile tv-card.

here are our test results so far:

- hauppauge wintv pvr 350/ sound works/ video works/
transcoding+streaming of mpg1,mpg2,mpg4 works.
- hauppauge wintv pvr2 USB/ sound works/ video works/
transcoding+streaming of mpg1,mpg2,mpg4 works.
- hauppauge wintv hvr 1300/ video works but no sound.
- hauppauge wintv pvr 150 mce low-profile pci card/ video works but no
sound/ transcoding+streaming of mpg1,mpg2,mpg4 do not work (we tried
this card with several driver versions).

- pinnacle PCTV 110i low Profile/ sound works/ video works/
transcoding+streaming of mpg1,mpg2,mpg4 do not work, h264 is working
fine!, but takes a lot of systempower.
- pinnacle PCTV 310e USB extern/ sound works/ video works/
transcoding+streaming of mpg1,mpg2,mpg4 do not work, h264 is working
fine!, but takes a lot of systempower.

- AVerMedia FM Radio Hybrid (low Profile)/ sound works/ video works/
transcoding+streaming of mpg1,mpg2,mpg4 do not work.

can anyone confirm the results? or even better, not confirm it ;-)

philipp