[vlc] What can be done to get a perfect rendering?

Johann Ransay johann.ransay at planar.com
Wed Oct 18 17:32:33 CEST 2006

I am decoding a 1500kbit/s RTP/RTSP MPEG-4 video with VLC.
I am using:
- a Pentium 4 PC with 1Gb of RAM
- linux Fedora Core 4
- nVidia Quadro FX graphic board with recent driver for which I set
__GL_SYNC_TO_VBLANK environment variable to 1 to eliminate tearing
- VLC 0.8.5

CPU usage is not high and I disabled frame dropping but some frames are not
displayed. Setting --clock-synchro 1 option seems to improve things a bit,
not sure though.

Are there any other options I could try to smooth rendering any better?

Johann