[vlc] HD MPEG2 Movie VOD display seems to be bad and generates error

jenny tc jennytharayil at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 09:28:49 CEST 2007

hai all
      I'm using VLC for streaming and playing HD MPEG2  movie . I used a VLC
telnet interface to setup a VOD and added one MPEG2 HD movie. I'm able to
play Movie . But display  seems to be scrambled and the player generates the
following error

MultiFramedRTPSource::doGetNextFrame1(): The total received frame size
exceeds the client's buffer size (65536).  428 bytes of trailing data will
be dropped!
MultiFramedRTPSource::doGetNextFrame1(): The total received frame size
exceeds the client's buffer size (131072).  856 bytes of trailing data will
be dropped!
MultiFramedRTPSource::doGetNextFrame1(): The total received frame size
exceeds the client's buffer size (262144).  278 bytes of trailing data will
be dropped!

I used sample movie
http://digigami.in-long-beach-ca.com/HDTV-MPEG2/Least_Likely_PSA_720p.mpg

I am attaching the server and client outputs

-Jenny