[vlc] VLC playback trouble

Apedreado Darkholme stonedarkholme at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 26 13:45:03 CET 2007

1. XP Pro version 2002
2. Vlc Media Player version 0.8.6c
3. Pentium 4, Radeon 9250, C-Media AC97 Audio

I am unable to play MKV files with my VLC media player, though I was able to do so when I was using an earlier version of the player. How am I able to fix this issue? Or is it possible to find a download of an older version of VLC media player? As it seems to have worked for me.
thank you

"All you can see is the little bit of light that peaks out from the cracks of the door, and you don't think that little bit of light can overcome your dark plans. But what you don't see is what's behind that door. That's what I am." ~SS4 Goku